Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Did You Ask to Be Born?

If you could have asked
wouldn't you ask to be born?
So you could learn to love?
If you got to choose
wouldn't you choose to be born,
and face both pain and joy?
Not miss a minute
of the love of a child,
a summer wind
or a prayer that sang to the sky
Too, some long lonely days,
sorrow deeper than deep
and longing unfulfilled
Yet I think though you knew
of both the pain and the joy
you would ask to be born
again.

I hear it all the time:  "Well, you know I didn't ask to be born," or she or he "didn't ask to be born." The implication being, so it's not her fault. So don't blame him. So someone should make it up to them.  But I'm not sure that's true.  I am sure that if I could have asked to be born, I would have. Read comments about this question here.

No comments:

Post a Comment